CubeSats have evolved to the point where high accuracy inertial pointing has become a requirement in certain missions. In these missions, three reaction wheels are required to provide 3-axis control throughout the entire orbit. Sensors are chosen to provide the level of accuracy required for a specific mission. We have developed a 3-axis system that builds on the experience and hardware heritage gained from the Y-Momentum unit. This system can be upgraded to a variety of levels to provide different pointing abilities for different missions.
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The standard components included in this bundle are:
- CubeComputer: Radiation tolerant OBC
- CubeControl: Sensor and actuator interface board + 3-axis gyro
- 3x CubeWheel Small: Small momentum wheel mounted in the Y-Axis
- 10x Coarse Sun Sensors: Sun-sensitive photodiodes
- 2x CubeTorquer Rods + 1x CubeTorquer Coil
- 1x CubeMag: Deployable 3-Axis magnetometer
- Compiled Magnetic ADCS Control Program (ACP): Program running on CubeComputer
Optional extras include:
- Redundant magnetometer: Non-deployable
- CubeSense: Fine Sun and Earth Sensor
- Upgrade to 3x CubeWheel Medium: Not mountable on CubeControl
- Upgrade to 3x CubeWheel Large: Not mountable on CubeControl
- CubeStar: Mounted separately from CubeADCS
- Software Support: Hourly support for custom firmware
The 3-Axis ADCS solution is designed to do inertial pointing with high accuracy. It contains all the controllers that are included in the other ADCS solutions, but provides the extra functionality of 3-Axis pointing in any direction. The unit can function with or without the star tracker, depending on the pointing accuracy that is required. If high accuracy pointing is only required in the sunlit part of the orbit, a star-tracker is not required and the system can function sufficiently with only the fine Sun and nadir sensor.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com
The typical ADCS capabilities of the satellite would be: