CubeSats have evolved to the point where high accuracy inertial pointing have become a requirement in certain missions. In these missions three reaction wheels are required to provide 3-axis control throughout the entire orbit. Sensors are chosen to provide the level of accuracy required for a specific mission. We have developed a 3-axis system that builds on the experience and hardware heritage gained with the Y-Momentum unit. This system can be upgraded to a variety of levels to provide different pointing abilities for different missions.
The standard 3-Axis unit :
- CubeComputer: Radiation tolerant OBC
- CubeControl: Sensor and actuator interface board + 3-Axis Gyro
- CubeSense: Fine Sun and Earth sensor
- 3x CubeWheel Small: Mounted seperate from stack
- 10x Coarse Sun Sensors: Sun-sensitive photodiodes
- 2x CubeTorquer Rods + 1x CubeTorquer Coil
- 1x CubeMag: Deployable 3-Axis magnetometer
- Compiled ADCS Control Program (ACP) Running on computer
Optional extras include :
- Redundant magnetometer: Non-deployble type
- Upgrade to 3 x CubeWheel Medium (mounted separately from bundle)
- Upgrade to 3 x CubeWheel Large (mounted separately from bundle)
- CubeStar (mounted separately from bundle)
- Unlock CubeComputer: Enables user to use Computer as OBC
- Software Support: Hourly software support for custom firmware
The 3-Axis ADCS solution is designed to do inertial pointing with high accuracy. It contains all the controllers that is included in the other ADCS solutions, but provides the extra functionality of 3-Axis pointing in any direction. The unit can function with or without the star tracker, depending on the pointing accuracy that is required.. If high accuracy pointing is only required in the sunlit part of the orbit, a star-tracker is not required and the system can function sufficiently with only the fine sun and nadir sensor. The OBC of the ADCS unit can be unlocked and to act as dual ADCS and main OBC.
Read more or contact us for more information about this option at email@example.com.
The typical ADCS capabilities of the satellite would be: