CubeComputer is an onboard computer suitable for nanosatellite C&DH, TT&C, mass storage and ADCS. The computer conforms to the standard CubeSat form factor and is compatible with a wide range of available CubeSat subsystems. Supported communication busses include UART, I2C, SPI and CAN. Bus and power locations on the PC104 header are configurable to make CubeComputer compatible with most CubeSat suppliers.
- The 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 based MCU that can be run at 4-48 MHz.
- In the typical CubeSat with the computer running at 48MHz, power consumption is below 200mW.
- The module is designed to be tolerant to both total dose radiation effects and high energy particle upsets.
- Single Event Upsets (SEU) protection is done by means of an FPGA-based Error Detection And Correction (EDAC). Further, Single Event Latch-up (SEL) protection is implemented by detecting and isolating latch-up currents
- A piggyback expansion header provides a wide range of communication options, input/output lines and analog-to-digital lines that can be used for further utility in the satellite.
- A compact, low-profile header ensures easy connection to a custom piggyback board that can be used to interface with other payloads in the satellite.
Organizability and Simplicity
- All of this functionality is made available through complete, simple to understand documentation and software examples.
- Each computer is supplied with a Board Support Package (BSP) library that provides user-friendly functions and examples.
- Simplicity Studio is typically used as IDE, which provides a clean coding environment
- High performance, low-power 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 based MCU
- 4-48 MHz @ 1.25 DMIPS/MHz
- Internal & external watchdog for added reliability
Memory & Storage
- 256KB EEPROM
- 4MB flash for code storage
- 2x 1MB external SRAM for data storage
- SEU protection through FPGA based flow-through EDAC
- SEL protection by detecting and isolating latch-up currents
- MicroSD socket for storage up to 2GB
- 2x I2C interface with multi-master capabilities
- 1x Debug UART interface available via 3-way 2.54mm header
- 1x CAN interface up to 1Mps
- A mission specific piggyback board can be designed to utilize the full capabilities of CubeComputer
- Includes pin outs for 3.3 V, 5 V, battery bus voltage, 4 x PWM, 4 x ADC, UART, SPI, I2C and several GPIO pins
- Full compilation of drivers
- Robust bootloader with the ability to store and load multiple programs in-flight
- Compatible with a variety of commercial Real-Time Operating Systems