Fine Sun or Earth Sensor
CubeSense are CMOS-imager based Sun and Earth sensors with a wide FOV, low power usage and high accuracy. CubeSense is available in two different formats, one being a PC104 sized board with two sensor heads featuring full redundancy on memory, and the other being a highly compact single sensor head with integrated electronics.
These sensors provide Sun/Earth measurements with <0.2° (3σ) accuracy over the entire FOV. The sun sensors are completely immune to albedo effects, making them highly robust and versatile. All sensors are calibrated in our state-of-the-art dark, clean, optics calibration room, using a sun-simulator and highly accurate rotation stage. CubeSense has flight heritage for a wide variety of missions and orbits.
- The PC104-sized board conforms to the standard CubeSat form factor and is compatible with a wide range of available CubeSat subsystems.
- Supported communication busses included UART and I2C.
- Bus and power locations on the PC104 header are configurable to make CubeSense compatible with most CubeSat suppliers.
High-Resolution Image Sensors
- We utilize a high resolution 1.3 megapixel imager.
- The imger is also perfect to capture quick grayscale images of Earth.
Accurate Earth and Sun Detection
- Each CubeSense sensor is individually calibrated using an accurate calibration process in our state-of-the-art dark, clean, optics room with highly accurate rotation stage.
- Our Sun and Earth sensing algorithms have been refined to ensure robust performance even in non-ideal situations.
|CubeSense||CubeSense S||CubeSense N|
|Operating Temperature||-20°C to 70°C||-20°C to 70°C||-20°C to 70°C|
|Vibration||14g RMS||14g RMS||14g RMS|
|FOV||~ 180°||~ 180°||~ 180°|