Magnetic control forms the basis of all LEO missions. This ADCS unit provides all the sensors and actuators required for magnetic control.
The standard components included in this bundle are:
- CubeComputer: Radiation tolerant OBC
- CubeControl: Sensor and actuator interface board + 3-Axis Gyro
- 10x Coarse Sun Sensors: Sun-sensitive photodiodes
- 2x CubeTorquer Rods + 1x CubeTorquer Coil
- 1x CubeMag: Deployable 3-Axis magnetometer
- Compiled Magnetic ADCS Control Program (ACP): Program running on CubeComputer
Optional extras include:
- Redundant magnetometer: Non-deployble type
- Unlock CubeComputer: Enables user to use Computer as OBC
- Software Support: Hourly support for custom firmware
The pure magnetic ADCS unit is typically used in 1U satellites, but is not limited to them. In these satellites, accurate pointing is rarely a requirement and space is very limited. This ADCS unit provides a robust, compact unit to get a 1U satellite from its initial random tumble, to a controlled slow spin. As space is typically very limited in such a 1U mission, the OBC of the ADCS unit can be unlocked to act as both ADCS and main OBC.
For more information, contact us at email@example.com.
The following controllers are included in the magnetic ADCS:
- B-Dot: Damps X and Z-rates
- Y-Spin: Controls to a reference spin in orbital plane
The typical ADCS capabilities of the satellite are:
The typical ADCS capabilities of the satellite would be: